Wednesday, April 4, 2012

first trip to the market

On the way home from Moca Cafe today, Dad took me to Feria Libre - 50 acres of market - both inside and outside. They sell just about anything you might want. Would you like a new pet? I saw puppies, rabbits, kittens, chicks (and chickens) and other birds... There were even guinea pigs, but they don't keep them as pets here, they eat them - it's called cuy (the thought makes me cringe). They have many different clothing stores, as well: shoes, denim, jewelry, etc. The food stalls seem to be in the greatest number: meats, fish, grains, pastas, and a huge variety of fruits and vegetables, a lot of which I don't even recognize (but all the colors are so pretty!). We picked up green beans, three fat carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, a few red and yellow peppers, a pound of potatoes, a pineapple, and eight big bananas for only $6 (and without negotiating - amazing, right?). I only took out my camera as we were on the way out, but I'll definitely be prepared on future trips.




No comments:

Post a Comment