Wednesday, March 28, 2012

spring layout

A new, bright colored blog layout! It only took me two days of changing colors, fonts, and designs, then changing my mind again. It took several re-sizing to get the header just right. I'm picky, what can I say? I didn't take any photos today (gasp!), so I will leave you with this quote from an awesome photography book by Troy M. Litten:


"When I travel, the destination is not really the point. I am fascinated by the transient places of travel – the banks of TV screens that hang from airport terminal ceilings announcing departures to far-flung locales around the globe, the ever-changing view from a speeding train, ordering a meal from an undecipherable menu, exploring the subway beneath an unfamiliar city, waking in another characterless hotel room that could be anywhere, the tourist souvenir vendors touting their wares.

Traveling faster and faster through this increasingly interconnected world, many of these everyday experiences that fill a journey get lost in the rush of getting from “You Are Here” to wherever you are going. But by opening yourself up to the rhythm and rhyme of the seemingly mundane details of travel, the familiar becomes unique, the ordinary extraordinary and the over-looked well worth a second glance.


This is what inspires me to travel. It’s not about getting there, it’s about all the fun you can have along the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment