Wednesday, May 25, 2011

light painting


This is my attempt at a long exposure shot, using a flashlight. My camera is a simple point and shoot, and it doesn't really have a manual setting, so I had to fiddle with the various settings it allows. I set it to take a night shot, setting the f-stop at around 200, and proceeded to experiment with one point of light in a darkened room. First I tried setting the camera on a still surface and moving the flashlight quickly in front of the lens, but the aperture wouldn't stay open long enough to catch anything. Then I had my sister hold the light steady while I moved the camera in a circle. The result isn't what I was going for, but I think it was an interesting experiment. Perhaps next time I'll try it with my manually set 35mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment